The New England Chapter of Meeting Professionals International is pleased to announce its 2017 Spring Awards Program!
The following categories are eligible for nominations:
The Kathy Keegan-Cummings Professional Development Scholarship Award
This scholarship award is presented annually to an MPI member from the New England Chapter to provide a full-year of complimentary registration to all 7 educational chapter events. The candidate must present a rationale for receiving this scholarship, including why he/she would like to participate in Chapter educational events throughout the year, how this participation will benefit the candidate’s future professional goals, and how his/her participation will benefit the New England Chapter of MPI.
Meeting Professional of the Year Planner/Supplier
These awards (one for Planner and one for Supplier) are presented annually to a member of MPI in recognition of outstanding industry contributions, leadership and professionalism. The awards are based on chapter participation, presentations relating to the industry in general, articles written in the hospitality industry press, community service, and industry recognition previously received. The awards recognize a career of involvement, commitment and achievement.
Chapter Leader of the Year
This award is intended to recognize the local commitment of a chapter member in influencing the life of the Chapter. The award is based upon the ability of the recipient to motivate others, impact chapter functions, give a sense of direction and act as a catalyst to cause exceptional results that benefit the local chapter.
This award is presented annually to an MPI member who has made contributions to the association at the chapter level. The candidate must be a current member of MPI in good standing. The candidate must be employed as a full time planner or supplier. This award recognizes continued involvement, commitment and achievement.
1. Complete the nomination form – this will serve as a letter of recommendation for the nominee. (you may self-nominate or nominate a peer)
2. The MPI New England Awards Committee will contact qualified nominees to complete a full application.
3. Completed nomination forms must be received prior to the deadline of 12pm Monday, May 1st, 2017.
1. Nominations will be accepted from March 1st, 2017 through May 1st , 2017 12 PM EST – No late entries will be accepted.
2. Qualified nominees will be notified by Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
3. Completed applications from qualified nominees are due Friday, May 12th, 2017 12 PM EST
4. Recipient seclection will take place May 15th, 2017 – May 26th, 2017
5. The awards will be presented during the June Annual Meeting, Date and Location to be announced
Applications are compiled by the Chair of the awards committee and reviewed for completion and compliance. Any nomination that requires further review will be considered by the Chair of the awards committee.
Applications along with accompanying nomination will undergo a round of judging. The judges are a small group of volunteers representing a range of professions and expertise from within the New England Chapter. Judges will review and score all qualified entries.
The finalist is confirmed for approval by the Chair of the committee and will be announced at the June Annual Meeting in June 2017.
Please contact the President-Elect & Chair of the awards committee, Molly Hudson, CMP, CMM at email@example.com with any questions.