September 2014 Monthly Educational Program
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
A Planner’s Guide to Navigating the World of Allergies and Dietary Restrictions.
How to make your attendees, clients, vendors and YOUR life easier!
The Main Event
A panel of industry experts will discuss the proliferation of dietary needs andallergies from the perspectives of planners, caterers and chefs. The panel will help clarify some of the more commonly confused terms as well as how best to communicate attendee needs effectively with clients, planners, venues and caterers. Learn how to keep this important information from falling through the cracks.
This is an important topic and we must be intelligent about how we deal with issues surrounding food allergy and intolerance. One out of three people either say that they have a food allergy or that they modify their diet because a family member is suspected of having a food allergy. Our guests rely on us to understand their concerns and respond accordingly.
- Learn to identify and define common dietary needs and allergies.
- Find the best way to collect this information from attendees prior to events.
- Understand the challenges faced by planners, venues and caterers
- Overcome real versus perceived dietary needs and wants.
- Discover best practices to ensure this important information is communicated effectively to ensure your event runs smoothly.
Networking Lounge After Party
After the Educational Session relax in VDAs new inflatable 24ft dome tents and check out the cool lounge atmosphere set with furniture, music (put on your dancing shoes!) and, of course, networking.
63 Inner Belt Rd, Somerville, MA 02143