Instant Replay - "Speak Up - Presenting to Decision Makers"
Last night close to 100 planners and suppliers were treated to an absolutely engaging presentation by Janet Jordan, the founder of Keynote Communications. Janet's topic, "Speaking Up - Presenting to Decision Makers," was a very comprehensive walk through the elements of presenting to compel attention and inspire confidence.
Among one of the more thought provoking ideas Janet shared with us is that the verbal part of your presentation is not nearly as impactful as the visual and the vocal.
Janet had very concrete and usable strategies for making our presentations persuasive and successful.
- Think strategically about your listeners and your goals,
- Craft your verbal message with clear and concise language - tell stories,
- Manage your vocal image - your volume, inflection and pace- use good breathing technique,
- Attend to your visual impact - your personal appearance, posture, gestures, facial expressions,
- Create a clear message by starting strong an ending strong,
- Don't go overboard with the PowerPoint slides - use them to support your message
- You are the message- prepare, be real, trust yourself!
As usual, the Babson Executive Conference Center was an outstanding and gracious host. After the presentation we gathered in their Fireside Living Room and shared our thoughts and insights about the presentation, had some tasty Hors d'oeuvres and mingled with old and new friends.
Sorry we missed you last night and we hope to see you at our next event on March 22: Attendee Engagement - a 360 Degree View. (Click to Register for this event)
Kudos to Nancy Lorusso of Babson for pulling this together for us.
IMPORTANT LINKS: Outline Presentation
LINK to all event photos by David Fox Photographer.