Missed the Meeting
Don’t Let The Ball Drop- A Countdown To Event Success in 2017
MPINE started off the New Year in educational style with a breakfast event designed to inspire attendees with new ideas and plenty of great tips. The Joseph B. Martin Conference Center was our host as we invited experts from across the industry to share their thoughts on how to make your next event spectacular and even save time and money in the process. Before the presentation, attendees were assigned to different tables to mix up planners, suppliers and industries and allow time to meet new people, make connections and talk with the experts about how to incorporate some of these ideas into their own events.
In true New Year’s fashion, each presenter gave a countdown of ten of their best tips and tricks for hosting the perfect event and gave some great advice on the best ways to incorporate them seamlessly into every function. Panelists came from every area of the industry:
- Karly Danais, Catering Sales Manager for the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, spoke about banquet event orders
- Sean Reno, Director of Event Technology for PSAV, spoke about audio visual
- Alex Bombard, Lighting Designer for ALPS, spoke about lighting
- Edison Chae, Owner of Madison Floral, spoke about floral design
- Vanessa Holroyd, Owner of Music Management, spoke about entertainment
- Julia Vose, Director of Special Events for the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, spoke about unique venues
- Tarryn Prosper, Director of Tent Sales and Events for the Peterson Party Center, spoke about tenting
- Mike Rothenberg, Executive Producer for Peak Productions, spoke about video production
- Drew Sullivan, Marketing & Speaker Relations Coordinator for APB Speakers International, spoke about speaker management
- Lisa Santoro, Account Executive for CORT Event Furnishings, spoke about furnishings
- Ken Volk, Sr. Director of Corporate Marketing Communications for Kronos, spoke about Creative
Combined with a wonderful breakfast and fantastic venue, it was an amazing morning! Thank you to our generous sponsors Alberta Canada, Four Seasons Greenery, the Peterson Party Center and our host, The Joseph B. Martin Conference Center.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, February 16th
at the Babson Executive Conference Center for our next event, Speak Up: Presenting to Decision Makers with Presence, Clarity and Impact.